How should the environment be treated if an animal has giardia?
Hygiene as the key to success
Effective hygiene measures at a glance
- for dog: feces removing and preferably pouring boiling water over the place where the feces have settled in the garden
- for cat toilets; clean and dry daily with boiling water (Giardia love in a damp environment)
- Blanket, dog bed, etc. at the beginning and end of the therapy wash as hot as possible (over 65 °C)
- Wash dog regularly with shampoo showers, hair around the anus if necessary can be shortened (possible for dogs and cats)
- Bowls and toys should be cleaned with boiling water and dry
- Clean floors and objects (e.g. scratching post) with a suitable disinfectants. On the homepage of the DVG you will find suitable disinfectants:
- Suitable disinfectants must act against parasitic unicellular organisms
Video of veterinarian Dr. Gregor Berg
In this video by veterinarian Dr. Gregor Berg on the subject of "Giardia" you will find further information. Are you looking for a suitable feed? Take a look at our pro-BLAND DIET wet food for dogs and pro-BLAND-DIET wet food for cats, specially designed for dogs and cats with gastrointestinal problems.